Thursday, May 14, 2009

Puddle Jumping - Embossing Challenge at Creative Scrappers

From May 15 - 31st I am leading the designer challenge over at Creative Scrappers.  My challenge is simply to use embossing on your page.  I love to emboss both dry embossing and with powders...so on this layout I did both! For the title I used clear embossing powder to give it a more "wet" water look.  On the pink paper I used my stylus and made lines using my paper cutter (with blade removed) as a guide.  Then I gently sanded the paper to reveal the white core.   On the light blue paper, I clear embossed with my spot on backgrounds stamp and finally, on the darker blue paper, I used my cuttlebug (swiss dots folder) to emboss and then sanded again.  I love using my cuttlebug with Close to my Heart papers since it is so fun to reveal that white core.  A match made in heaven!!  All products used are from Close to my Heart!

6 comments:

  1. Soooo pretty!! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie this is gorgeous, as is all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve love love love this. It's just so simple and fresh, like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious layout! You really should remind folks to click on your photo to see the layouts up close...they are fantastic. Nice work, as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exceptionally grogeous! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas. All that embossing looks so great together. I agree about the cuttlebug and ctmh papers a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for making my day!