Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Place Layout - using Page Maps Sketch














The sketches from Page Maps are THE BEST!! Right now there is a contest going on using this sketch, so I thought I would play along. I had so much fun doing this layout! Click on my layout to see it bigger and to read the journaling.

Supplies:
Felt - Close to my Heart
All paper - Close to my Heart
Stamps - Close to my Heart
Embroidery Floss - Close to my Heart
Title - jillibean soup
Brads - Bo Bunny
Clouds - imaginisce
Journaling Paper - Making Memories


I also thought I would show you how I made my flowers with a few stamps and tissue paper:) For my first step, I stamped a flower onto cardstock and cut it out. I am using this as my template. I then traced it out onto four layers of tissue paper and cut this out. I then stamped a background stamp onto each layer. Finally I poked a hole through the center of them all and adhered them together with a brad. Voila, the tissue paper flower is now ready for my project! Fun! Hope you try it!

19 comments:

  1. Good luck! I love page maps too, your page ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your layout is DARLING! good luck! An what a great idea with your tissue paper and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers, and the whole layout, rock! Your daughter will treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the felt and flower stems - cool tissue flowers :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMg, love your flowers!!! This layout is so darling! I love that you included the recipe for those fabby flowers! Thanks :) You dd is just beautiful..you always capture the most amazing photos.
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers and the stems too! great tutorial Jamie, I will have to try that for sure!

    Great layout also, such a beautiful girl with a gorgeous smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Jamie! The flowers are darling. I SO love felt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beeeeeeeeeeautiful! I'm going to try this out! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful layout, Jamie - thanks for teaching us about the tissue paper flowers! These are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute DD! Love your journaling, along with the great flowers and dimensional stems! Thanks for the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy clever! Love the flowers and the title is perfect. Pic gorgeous as always! - Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love PageMaps too. I am always finding ideas and inspiration there. I had in mind to do a layout for this sketch too, but haven't managed to get around to it. I LOVE yours. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! The layout is so happy and cheery and just suits your little girl (who is pretty cute by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a photo, Jamie! I love your work so much. Your flower tutorial is fabulous, and I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jamie, as always your stuff is fab. PS. Left you something on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute flowers! Love the page and the photo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on winning this competition. I just love your layout...and that felt frame is to die for:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! ! Congrats Jamie on winning, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on winning the sketch contest - your page is adorable! Love your fun tissue flowers - TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for making my day!