Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Create your own clear embellishments *TUTORIAL*

Hello! I wanted to share a tutorial I did for JuJu Bee's Scrapbook Corner.

I just love using all the fabulous clear/acrylic products on the market but sometimes I can't find exactly what I need, so I am going to show you how I make them myself at home!

The first step is to save the clear plastic packaging that many products come packed in. What a great way to recycle as well:-)





















One easy and fast way to make your own clear embellishments is to simply punch it out.





























Another way to create a shape is to draw it and cut it out.























If you have a die-cut machine, that is another option. In this example, I used my cuttlebug and just used the clear plastic in place of paper to create my butterfly.






























You can even emboss your clear die-cut after!






















Another option is to use stamps with Staz-On inks and then cut the image out.







































Here are all the embellishments cut and ready for use! I used the large clear butterfly on my layout HERE.



Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. O.k. Now you get to add genius to your list of attributes! Great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love the embossed butterfly - way to think outside the box! Or on the box, as the case may be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, I love this! Thanks for putting yet another great idea in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your tutorial--you get to wear the "Super Creative Thinking Cap" for this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for making my day!